A career at Envision Pharma Group may be just what you’re looking for!
Overall Purpose of the Job
To assume a leadership role in developing, supporting, and overseeing the expansion of medical communications business at a key growth client. Leveraging Envision’s existing reputation, the Portfolio Director will be responsible for developing a business plan and growth strategy, while supporting the implementation of existing business and structuring a team for long-term success.
The Portfolio Director is responsible for overall client satisfaction, fiscal oversight, business growth, and operations management of the medical communications account team. This role will work in direct partnership with the associated Commercial and Scientific Division Leads and report into the Global Client Head.
Client Relationship Development:
- Understand pharmaceutical and medical communications as well as and relevant client product science and strategy
- Be seen internally and externally as Envision’s medical communications lead for client
- Collaborate with client and Envision account teams and multi-channel department to develop strategic and tactical plans for medical communication accounts/programs
- Ensure delivery to agreed upon standards and adhere to external standards/guidelines including client SOPs
- Handle issues, supporting the team or directly with the client
- Maintain strong client relationships while providing consistent value-added support
Ensure regular face-to-face meetings with key client personnel including yearly client assessment of Envision performance.
- Each year develop an overarching medical communications plan for client, track progress, and modify approach over time based on learnings
- Retain a thorough knowledge of Envision Pharma offerings and their application
- Consistently achieve an individual business development target (organic and new)
- Lead resourcing and preparation of compelling and successful medical communications pitches/proposals/innovation
Position as the key company representative at a pitch and throughout new account initiation.
- Ensure successful tactical implementation of each sold/in-progress medical communications plan with client
- Lead by example; develop and share ideas and best practices throughout implementation
- Proactively avoid, or identify and rectify account issues either directly or indirectly
- Identify and communicate resource needs and solutions into management team meetings
- Oversee and drive efficiencies within own team and across other departments
Demonstrate consistent leadership, innovation, and drive.
- Financial management, including profitability and forecasting capabilities
- Responsibility for achievement of agreed financial targets
- Knowledge of client contracts (MSAs and SOWs) and their operationalization.
- BA/BSc degree or higher
- 7+ years of experience working in a senior medical communications client-facing, strategic/relationship/account management or scientific services role
- Current and relevant commercial and operational experience within the pharmaceutical industry and/or medical communications agency environments with a track record of handling multiple brands across the pharmaceutical product lifecycle
- Evidence of development and delivery of strategic/tactical multi-channel medical communication plans
- East Coast-based and prepared to spend majority of time client facing and engaged with office-based team
- Periodic domestic and global travel, including weekends, will be required
- An organized and disciplined self-starter who thrives on a high level of accountability and can demonstrate strong leadership, networking, selling, negotiation, and implementation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
About Envision Pharma Group
Envision Pharma Group is a global leader in medical communications, with an international portfolio of pharmaceutical and biotechnology company clients, whom we support from our offices in the UK, US and Asia-Pacific region. We have an enviable reputation in our field and a heritage founded on continual innovation and leadership in best practice. We provide a unique and comprehensive blend of service offerings, including:
- Strategic publication planning
- Tactical publication plan implementation
- Medical communications services
- Consultancy services
- Market access services
- Complementary technology platforms: including Datavision®, the industry-leading publications planning software.
What Is It Like Working for Envision Pharma Group?
Envision Pharma Group is committed to developing and supporting team members, enabling them to excel in their roles, and to maintaining a culture that encourages development, as well as recognizing and rewarding achievements.
We are a dynamic and rewarding company to work for, offering excellent benefits and a friendly, supportive and vibrant work environment.
Send your CV and a covering letter explaining why you believe you can contribute to our continued success, to opportunities-US@envisionpharmagroup.com or, alternatively, visit www.envisionpharmagroup.com to find out more.